In today’s day and age, it would be a wonderful experience, to have an unlimited amount of time home with your baby once he/she is born. Unfortunately, many moms don’t have that luxury. Myself included. So as I was going back to work, I found having these items in my pumping bag to be key.
Note/Disclaimer: The Amazon links listed in this article are affiliate links for products that I have purchased and would recommend. Affiliate means, that if you purchase this item I will get credit for the purchase and receive a commission at no cost to you 🙂
3. Water – I usually have a water bottle with me at all times, but I keep a mini one in my bag, just in case I forget one day.
5. Extra Pump Parts – Bottles, flanges, duckbills, and tubing. Trust me, there were plenty of mornings that I forgot my pump parts at home and I was so very thankful that I had an extra set already waiting for me at work.
6. Sanitizing Spray – If I didn’t have a fridge or cooler to keep my pump parts in during the day. Keeping my pump parts in the fridge saved a lot of time so I didn’t have to wash my pump parts after every pumping session. On the days when that wasn’t possible this sanitizing spray came in handy.
9. Then I used elastic to cross-crossed across my chest so I could be hands-free and work while I pumped. It’s a lot cheaper and you don’t have to worry about finding the right size.
10. Breastmilk Freezer Bags – Every time I was done pumping, I would just put the milk in the freezer bag. I usually just get the cheapest ones I can find on Amazon… but I have learned that the cheap freezer bags sometimes leak. Here were my favorite breastmilk freezer bags.
11. Permanent Marker – To write on the breastmilk bag.
I would take my pump parts home every day and clean them, and then I would put the clean and dry ones back into a ziplock bag and bring them back to work. Sometimes if they weren’t 100% dry, i would put a few paper towels in the ziplock with them.
What were your must-have items when pumping? I couldn’t live without my phone. Hello Pinterest, my long lost love. haha.
NOTE: I am in not an expert on sanitation, this is just what used for sanitizing between pumping sessions.
#breastfeeding #medela #breastpump #Momlife #spectra #ItsAMomThing
Note/Disclaimer: The Amazon links listed in this article are affiliate links for products that I have purchased and would recommend. Affiliate means, that if you purchase this item I will get credit for the purchase and receive a commission.